It is finally my favorite time of the year again. A time where we get to spend time with our loved ones at family gatherings, be a little more giving and thoughtful towards others, and shop our little hearts out with the amazing holiday sales. Okay, maybe that last part is more pertaining to me. Anyways, around the holidays is usually the time of ‘holiday parties,’ and just a lot of fun get togethers so why not change up your style a little bit? If you are looking for an easy and adorable way to dress up your hair this holiday season then you have come to the right place!
- The Messy Ponytail
Photo Credit to Therighthairstyles.com Photo Credit to www.hairstyle.guru
This adorable messy ponytail will go perfectly with any outfit you decide to throw together whether it be; a tight dress and heels, a loose fitted sweater, tight jeans, nude heels, you name it! How do you create this look?
- You want to start off with having ‘coarse hair,’ what I mean by that is do not wash your hair before creating this look. Also, if your hair does not already have a natural wave/curl to it, you will definitely need to curl your hair prior!
- Begin to pull your hair up into in your regular high ponytail shape
- Fasten your elastic hairband around your high ponytail as usual and do not worry about any loose hairs that just adds to the effect.
- Take a thick strand of hair and wrap it around the base of your ponytail to hide your hairband. At this point you can add any hair product you would like such as hairspray, moose, anything you want to hold it in place!
2. Loose Waves
Photo Credit to Pinterest.com Photo Credit to Pinterest.com
This hairstyle is exactly what it says! You can take a thin hair curler and create a beach wave sort-of look while adding hairspray to give it more definition or you can check out my crazy YouTube video below and skip ahead to 7:18 I will show you how to create curly hair without a curling iron!
3. Half Up Half Down
Photo Credit to Styletic.com
This has been my favorite hairstyle since I was a kid…an all time classic! How we create this look is EXACTLY how it sounds! You take a good section of your hair and use an elastic hairband, bobbing pins, hair clips, you name it and bring together that section of hair to the top of your head. Now the pieces of your hair that are left down you can either leave straight or curl!
4. Braid Into Ponytail
Photo Credit to http://www.Active.com
I have recently been letting my mom, yes ladies and gentlemen, my mother, braid my hair like I was a toddler again. STORY TIME: I love the Sims 4 and I saw my character had this insanely adorable hairstyle where the top of her ponytail was in a braid and the rest was in a ponytail:
Photo Credit to Blogspot.com
and I thought…I need to do that…now! So, the next day, mom got creative and I have been doing that hairstyle at least once a week!
How do you create this look?
- Do a simply braid at the top of your head, taking as much hair as you would for a half up, half down look.
- Take an elastic hairband and tie off your braid just as it is about to reach the back of your head.
- Collect the remainder of your hair and put it in a high or low ponytail, whichever you prefer!
- Seal it with an elastic hair band and there you have it!
5. Messy Low Bun
Aside from the fact that this hair-do can be used as an everyday look, it can just as well be used for a festive holiday look! The messy bun is a classic if done correctly!
- For this look, like the messy ponytail, I would have ‘day old hair,’ and apply a little bit of moose or hairspray to it.
- THIS PART IS OPTIONAL: Curl your hair if it is not already naturally curly/wave-y
- Place your hair into a medium-low ponytail and secure with an elastic hairband
- Tease you ponytail with a fine toothed comb until you are completely satisfied.
- Wrap the loose hair from your ponytail around the base of your ponytail, this does not have to be perfect, remember it’s messy!
- Secure the bun with another elastic hairband and pull out tiny piece of your hair from the bun as well as any hairs around the framing of your face.
So there you have it, 5 Holiday Hairstyles for Medium to Long hair! Which hairstyle was your favorite? Do you think you will try any of these hairstyles this holiday season? Leave us a comment below with your thoughts! Also don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel: The Young Shopaholic! I hope all of your holidays are happy!
By: The Young Shopaholic